Jewellery Care 101
✔️ Always wipe off perspiration and sweat with a clean cloth when undressing your jewellery
✔️ Always store your jewellery in a small box separately to prevent any scratches.
❌ Never expose jewellery to household cleaning products
❌ Never expose jewellery to swimming pools or hot tubs
❌ Avoid harsh chemicals with jewellery
Diamond Jewellery Care
Diamonds may be the hardest substance on earth, but they still require care and attention to maintain their brilliance and shine.
1. Handle diamonds carefully by storing it away from other jewellery to avoid scratching of other pieces - including other diamond jewellery.
2. Keeping diamonds in separate boxes or small fabric-lined bags can help reduce damage, wear-and-tear, and dirt.
3. Soak the diamond in warm water with a few drops of gentle soap liquid before gently brushing it with a soft toothbrush and drying with a lint-free cloth.
Gold Jewellery Care
The lustre and shine of gold jewellery makes one stand out from the crowd. However, overtime gold can start to dull in colour. Thankfully, these cleaning tricks will help your jewellery look brand new in no time
1. Mix a few drops of gentle soap liquid with a lukewarm bowl of water before soaking your gold jewellery for 10 minutes to loosen any build-up dirt.
2. Once soaked, use a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently clean the whole piece of jewellery
3. Rinse thoroughly in clean water to remove all dirt remnants or soap residue
4. Dry gently with a lint-free cloth or leave the jewellery on a cloth to air-dry.
Gemstone Jewellery Cleaning
Gemstones are often bought for their beautiful colours and shine. Hence, it is essential to keep them clean to ensure their sparkle.
1. Always remember to use lukewarm water to clean your jewellery instead of hot or boiling water, as gemstones are very susceptible to heat.
2. Avoid hard and rigid brushes when cleaning your jewellery, as that might harm the stone.
Pearl Jewellery Care
We love our pearls and the radiance it brings to our outfit and skin. However, organic pearls are gemstones which are vulnerable to everyday elements like humidity and acidity.
1. Time to time, inspect the prongs and clasps holding your pearls in place. Carefully check that they are still secure, or not you may bring them down to our retail outlets for an inspection.
2. Pearls want to be worn. Keeping them stored for long periods may cause them to dehydrate, so enjoy them whenever you can!
3. The lustre of pearls can be easily harmed by perspiration. Avoid wearing them out for exercise, and also gently clean them with a soft cloth before going to sleep.
Sterling Silver Care
Sterling silver is an alloy comprised of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% copper. While it is generally resistant to everyday elements, it can be susceptible to oxidation over prolonged use.
1. Sterling silver will oxidise. To slow down this process, avoid wearing it for showers or intense exercises.
2. Apply perfumes, creams and other skincare products prior to wearing your silver jewellery.
3. To clean tarnished sterling silver, polish them with a soft silver cloth.
1. To minimise scratches and other damage, it would be best to keep jewellery pieces separately in a tarnish-resistant pouch or in separate compartments in a jewellery box.
2. Be sure to also make sure chains and necklaces are fastened to avoid tangling. Best to keep jewellery away from direct sunlight, excessive heat or damp conditions.
Enjoy Complimentary Cleaning
Here at SK Jewellery, we offer a lifetime of complimentary cleaning services for all our customers that made a purchase with us.
We also provide other services such as resizing, plating, polishing. All you have to do is head down to any SK Jewellery showrooms to have these services rendered!